The Worship Company of Paviors is delighted to announce the successful delivery of its London Construction Academy course to a further intake of students. With the qualification now complete, the students are seeking their first step on what is hoped will be a long and fulfilling career in construction.
Championed by the Worshipful Company of Paviors, the London Construction Academy aims to help support the industry-wide skills shortage by providing work-experience, training and apprenticeships for the hard-to-reach in London’s boroughs who are not in employment, or training (NEETS). Of the 16 students inducted on the two week course, 15 completed the course. Of these 15, 12 passed their CSCS test and 7 achieved a London Bronze Pass for passing all modules and full attendance. Three of the students are due to re-take their tests. Over the two-week course, candidates benefit from training in health and safety, first aid, fire marshal, traffic marshal, customer service, construction sustainability and employability. In addition, candidates are funded to obtain their CSCS (Construction Skills Certification Scheme) card. After successful completion of the course, candidates are awarded the London Bronze Pass and the opportunity to attend interviews to secure employment. Once employment is found, the Academy helps employees work towards obtaining further qualifications, such as NVQs.
Of the current intake, four students have already secured employment as a Quantity Surveying apprenticeship starting in March of next year, an office admin assistant starting in January of next year, a labourer and a manual handler working on flood and fire damage refurbishments.
Nine other students are currently seeking employment. They are: –
1. Lives in Stanmore. Has no construction experience but is seeking a change of career undertaking manual work. Has prior experience of working outside in all weather conditions as postman Passed CSCS test and had 100% attendance.
2. Is moving to Coventry. Seeking manual work. Has passed CSCS test and had to miss one day of course due to prior commitment.
3. Over age 18, school leaver. Great exam grades 9 GCSES and BTEC, lives in Hounslow and drives own car. No construction industry experience and is seeking office roles either as an apprenticeship or permanent. Passed CSCS test.
4. Lives in Brent. 5 GCSEs and passed CSCS test and had 100% attendance. No construction experience, but has experience of retail stocking shelves and assisting with deliveries. Is seeking manual roles. 5. 17 year old seeking any type of manual role or apprenticeship. Lives in Bexleyheath. 100% attendance, but waiting to re-take CSCS test.
6. Material Engineering Graduate living in Sutton seeking to develop within the construction industry either in Quantity Surveying or Project Management. Passed CSCS test and 100% attendance.
7. Sutton resident with 100% attendance but waiting to re-take CSCS test. Seeking any type of manual role either as an apprenticeship or permanent role.
8. Hammersmith & Fulham resident passed CSCS test and 100% attendance. Wishes to enter construction industry in a manual role.
9. Candidate living in Croydon has already secured a Quantity Surveying apprenticeship due to start March 2019, but is eager for unpaid work experience with travel expenses paid to gain experience in the industry beforehand.
10. Candidate living in Hillingdon 100% attendance, passed CSCS test seeking manual roles.
If you are interested in talking to any of the students about possible career opportunities, please contact Joanna Rogers at email@example.com or 01732600817